Remember when I gave some pointers for newbie scrappers? One of them was to save your money and buy paper you ABSOLUTELY love. Lots of companies come out with products and lines I really like, but not all have things I love, love, love. Here are some close-up pics of some paper I got to order for Mother's Day as a little treat. I just want to wallpaper my house in some of them...aren't they gorgeous? If you click on the pics you can see the product close-up.
I LOVE their journaling spots & other stickers (although I'm not much of a fan of stickers anymore). They are not slick like most other companies' product...they are more of a matte cardstock.
OA Fly A Kite & The Thrift Shop Wild Cards (so worth the splurge)
I ordered the entire collection pack for OA's The Thrift Shop line & got all of the paper embellishments above plus the paper below...isn't it fabulous & vintage?
Lastly, I ordered a pack of 2 sheets of each of The Girls' Paperie Paper Girl line. I wanted some of the embellishments, but already had gone over my limit a bit and had to stop there. I can't wait to use it and hand cut some of those amazing flowers out!
Aren't those die-cut papers wonderful???
So what product have you purchased recently (or not-so-recently) that you absolutely love?
On another note, my old self would have "saved" this paper for the perfect layouts
& 2 years down the road, it would still be sitting in my paper trunk.
My new self plans to use it.
When I'm gone,
I don't want my albums to only contain all the "so-so" supplies
while all the fabulous ones were
"saved" for the perfect project that never was finished
(and therefore sold or donated to the thrift store).
Get my drift?
USE your "good" stuff!

3 comments:
YUP! Use the good stuff! You will be glad you did later!
Okay .... drool, drool, drool! Wow, that is some pretty paper and goodies. Me want. Thank you for posting pics. Now I'm 100% sure I want all of the OA and the shaped papers from GP. This stuff is so "you." Have fun creating with it!
I think what I'm most guilty of hoarding is my "good" Basic Grey papers. I'm a huge fan of their older lines, like, waaaayyy back (Motifica, Dawson, etc). I'm afraid to use it because once it's gone, it's gone, kwim? Although they did recently re-issue some older paper packs and you bet I got some, LOL!
~Erika
Love your stuff! So glad you got something you'd really been wanting. I LOVE all of it of course cause we have exactly the same taste! I have a few of those, love them. Haven't seen the G. Paperie. I'm a fan now!
Post a Comment