Thursday, May 27, 2010

Saving

Sorry it's been a while since my last post.  I've been busy around the house and actually worked on two sewing projects.  Calling myself a seamstress isn't something I've ever been able to do, but hopefully that might change soon.  I wanted to share an old idea which has become somewhat new again and gaining popularity, since I've been talking about scrapbooking on a budget.  

Everyone loves a deal, right? I had been researching couponing a bit and then my dh came home one day after a visit to our local grocery in shock.  Two ladies in front of him had a huge buggy full of groceries with a total well over $200.  They provided their store card, a stack of coupons more than an inch thick, and were given their total of under FIFTY DOLLARS (yes, from $200+ to -$50...crazy, huh?)!!!  

A friend of mine who recently started to coupon gave me some sites she was given to find coupon links and deals which were broken down to the penny.  I'm out of printer ink, so I only had my newspaper coupons and store deals list when I went to pick up a few things.  I think I did pretty good, since I didn't have a clue what I was doing.  Here's what I got:
I got everything you see here plus:

-12 pk of toilet tissue
-(7) 2-liter drinks
-another powerade 
-deli creations sandwich kit
-pk of chicken thighs (@ 78 cents/lb)
-a warm, rotisserie chicken
and I'm sure there's something else I'm leaving off...

all for under $50 (that's OVER HALF LESS THAN my original
total before store card & coupons)...plus I got a free redbox rental code
& $2 in register rewards for my next visit.  Pretty sweet deal for a newbie, huh?

These are all things I will use or was out of, and I could have gotten a ton of more deals had I been able to print some online coupons.  I loved the feeling of saving and knowing I don't have to guess what I'm cooking for dinner this week.  Do you coupon? Would you like some more info?  I promise I'm not turning my blog into a total couponer's fiasco every week.  Saving money on things you are buying anyway leaves more for leisure activities & hobbies. :)  

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Great deal Abby! I think I would like couponing...I just need to get my printer hooked up!

GLOANN said...

That's wonderful, Abby. I guess I need to learn to do that. It just seems to take so much effort, but sounds like your experience was not bad.

Anonymous said...

You did great! I'll look forward to hearing more of your Adventures in Couponing :)