Several of my scrappy pals and I have committed to complete 31 pages in May, and unfortunately I had only finished 2 as of early this morning. Well, move over, Gloria, because I'm gaining on you. I woke up this morning determined to create a page, and I actually scrapped my first layout for our Seattle vacation album from...ahem...2008. Yeah, I've been putting it off and "saving" the pictures and products until I knew I could do them justice. What do you think of my first creation for this album?
Here's a close-up of my satin bow...I love the poof satin ribbon gives a good bow. I used my ATG gun to adhere this to the layout as well:
I like to bend and fold the edges of parts of my background paper and then ink them. For this look, I did that and created a little rip about 1 1/2 inches into my paper. I inked the edges, rolled them back and forth to make them soft and inked a bit more:
I inked the front side of this paper scrap and used my ATG tape gun to adhere it behind the tear:
All products besides the ink and pen are from Making Memories (mostly from the Passport line). Thanks for stopping by to check out my vacation creation...hehehe that rhymed...anyhoo, I hope to have at least one or two more layouts to add to my total by Monday. I'll keep you posted. ;o)

6 comments:
I'm betting I stay ahead of you in count, but I'll never be able to match your creativity. Just love what you're able to do with paper and pictures! Love that bow!
Love it, love it! The bow is gorgeous and love the peek a boo paper element. :) Looks like you found your mojo!
So glad you started your Seattle album because I've been wanting to see those photos :) Such a great city and I'll bet you guys had so much fun there. Love your poofy bow ... and everything else. Thanks for showing us how you did the torn section ... looks fab.
~Erika
Pretty layout! I have that paper {still!} ;)
Gorgeous layout! My May count is still at ZERO! I can't believe it! I need to scrap! LOL
Since you posted the layout with the satin bow on it I have made two different ones for two different layouts. My ribbon is skinnier (I think) but they make great bows.. better than regular ribbon.
Post a Comment