Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh. My. Walnut. Ink. Sprays!

I stopped in Mike's last night with one of my 50% off register printout coupons in hand to purchase a package of Tsukineko Walnut Ink Antiquing Sprays.  They retail for $19.99 for the box of four, so with coupon they end up being just over $2.50 a bottle ($10 for the set)...not too shabby seeing as how glimmer mists and maya mists are somewhere in the range of $7+ per bottle at my local store.

The colors were crisp and fabulous! Exactly how I imagined Maya Mists would be.  I like how you can do splatters, a light spritz, or a dark spray varying the intensity.  I very highly recommend them.  My only gripe about them was that after about 12 hours of spraying them, the blobs were slightly damp. (eta: When simply misting, the ink dried quickly, but when I did the bigger splatters/blobs is when it took longer to dry.)  I'd recommend blotting lightly with a paper towel and waiting a couple of days before inserting into an album.  Click on the pic to see them close up. :0)


Have you ever tried any type of mists? What were your experiences? Which are your faves?  My other fave is Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Coffee Shop.  Love it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the way those inks look, but I'm way too impatient to wait 12 hours for them to dry! I like using Tim Holtz alcohol inks and a mini mister!

Tracy said...

I have used the Glimmer Mist. I like that I can use it on lace and ribbons.

Shell said...

You know I must drag these out of hiding - I have had the Walnut Inks for years - all the colours - long before Glimmer Mist etc was around.

It is GREAT stuff!

Anonymous said...

I tried to mist felt... it doesn't work too well.