Tuesday, June 15, 2010

That Fuzzy, Wuzzy Feeling...

Don't you just love those Hallmark cards with the fuzzy velvet feel to them?  I was blown away when I realized I could reacreate that same effect on my pages and projects. 

Here's a little tutorial on how to use flock:
Supplies needed:
*double-sided adhesive runner (ATG or duck runner)
*flocking powder (Martha Stewart)
*chipboard (American Crafts)
*small plate/tray to catch excess flock (pampered chef
mixing bowl lid)

Apply your adhesive to the ENTIRE surface of your chipboard.  One way to assure full coverage is to use the "sticky" side of a piece of adhesive chipboard.  I did find that the duck adhesive covered more area and was a little flatter than my ATG 1/4 inch tape.

Place your chipboard piece on your plate/lid and use your finger to gently tap the bottle until the piece is covered well.

The chipboard should look like this when it is covered.  I did try my best not to "waste" any more flock than I had to (cause I'm stingy like that...hehehehe).

Take a small piece of scrap paper to lay on top of the flock pile and gently press to ensure the flock is stuck to your chipboard.  Pick up the piece and gently thump the back to remove the excess flock.  Gently press the flock down again.

The center butterfly is the original chipboard and the two on the sides are covered.  The color flocking powder I used is called Peony.

The one on the far left isn't covered.

I liked using this lid because it was easier to replace the unuse flock into the bottle.

I used the butteflies along the side of a picture with journaling spots on a page.

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Have you ever tried flock?
Are you going to now?  It's really easy. :0)

5 comments:

Tracy said...

No I have never tried flock before. I may have to, you make it look so easy.
I think I would run the chipboard through my xyron.
Thanks for sharing this.

GLOANN said...

You do make it look easy. Now to find some. And I love the way you have that little clustered arrangement on the side of whatever that is.

Deborah said...

That's so neat..I'll have to look for flock at Michaels next time I go!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i always thought it was way harder than that, LOL. Now I'll have to try it. Thanks for your great tutorials, Abby :)
{{Hugs}}
~Erika

Hockeygirl19 said...

Abby-

Thanks for sharing and showing us how easy it is to use this flock. I can't wait to try it on my cards!

Jodi