Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Junkin' Finds...and a nippy dog

Over a month ago, I contacted someone on craigslist who said she had some craft items she was clearing out and I asked about pictures & pricing.  I had since forgotten about the email until I finally received a response last weekend.  I talked with the lady and set up a time to dig through her stash,
and this is what I came home with:
Love the old air mail letter box and aren't those images on these items awesome?
I'm not quite sure what I'll be using these hooks, eyelets, loops, and snaps for, but the packaging just amazing on them that I couldn't pass them up. 
Buttons on the original, vintage cards.  Aren't they lovely?  I love how weathered and worn some of them are.  The little envelopes held odd buttons, but I mostly got them because I liked how they looked, too.
Lots of little trinkets, beads, sequins, and other goodies she "made" me take with me.
And this picture, along with the others below, contains my favorite things of the batch.  Look at those pearl pins and buttons.  The tin needs a coat of something on it so it won't rub paint off my hands every time I open it, but I'm keeping it the same way I found it other than that.
I love the little button I found, and I think it looks almost exactly like the little green buttons in the new Girls' Paperie Christmas line HERE.  Don't you agree?  I wish I had a whole slew of them.
See the weathering on the air mail letter box?  What about the sweet little Judy Lee pin box?  A little old lady I used to work with called me "Judy" every time I saw her.  My nametag clearly said "Abby" on it, but I would just smile and tell her hello every time.  I'm thinking the black coat hook would be a unique closure for a mini album of some sort.
Another close-up of buttons...Loving the little clear ones with the silver edge. 

Now onto the nippy dog.  The lady had a little dog that was on a leash that managed to not only bite my leg, but also my hand.  It didn't break the skin, but it hurt like heck.  I'll just say between the price and the dog bites, I feel like I had to fight for this junkin' haul, lol!  What do you think?  Anything you think is just FABULOUS?  I may be putting some of these goodies in my Etsy shop soon.  I'll let you know if I do.
I'd also love to hear what THIS LADY, who cringes at the word "button," thinks of my haul. ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oooooo.. look at all those yummy vintage finds. Looks like you hit the jackpot on this find. Very jealous.

Angie... by the said...

Yay! You did good girl! That is some might pretty stuff. Some of those things would look great on a layout just as they are, the packaging is so yummy. :)

Unknown said...

I love this haul! So many beautiful things!!!

jayne said...

Wow, you got some great stuff! Love the vintage buttons!