Thursday, July 29, 2010

American Crafts D-ring Albums...where have you been all my life?

Remember THIS post yesterday about how I had a huge pile of layouts stacked up and that I once said I could NEVER imagine myself doing it?  I counted them.  Guess how many there were?  52.  Crazy, huh?  That's like a layout a week for a year. 

I decided to drag out a couple of new albums to somewhat "categorize" my pages and managed to put up all but 15 of them.  Of those, most just need a date or journaling and a couple just need to be reworked so I can stand to look at them.  Hopefully they will be ready for the albums soon.

When deciding on which albums to use, I pulled out an American Crafts Modern D-ring Album and...

Oh. My. Stinkin'. Word!

Really?  Why haven't I tried these before now?  I got this little 12x12 number at Tuesday Morning quite a while back for $6.99 I think and it's almost full now: 

I'll start by saying, the raw edge is not my fave, but I love what THIS lady did with her album using Cosmo Cricket's Mr. Campy collection.  THIS album is really cute as well and may be more along the lines of what I might do with some Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday:

*(note: this is not my album)*

I have to say that the album seems to hold SO much more.  Since my pages have grown to be a lot bulkier than the way I used to scrap, the reinforced page protectors seem to easily accomodate the lumpy pages well.  I noticed my K and Company albums weren't holding up so great, and their brand of page protectors seemed to be ripping mostly at the tops. 

I also love that AC makes divided page protectors for speedy scrapping as well as variety within albums.  Who said 12x12 albums should ONLY contain 12x12 pages? ;)  Don't be afraid to think outside the box and mix in a little 8x8, 8 1/2 x 11, or 6x12 page into your album.

Hopefully I can find some more of the AC albums at Tuesday Morning, but if not, Hobby Lobby has several to choose from including this one (at 50% off quite often): 

I also have 2 12x12 Making Memories Passport D-ring Albums to use for my vacation pages and an 8 1/2 x 11 one that I hope work as great as these do.

What kind of albums do you like best?  If you find that you like the D-ring best, did you switch over all of your old ones or just only put your new creations into them?

1 comment:

SAHM said...

Those are the only albums I use now. I got some really pretty light blue ones at Hobby Lobby earlier this year. They have a white embroidered design up one side. I have bought 2 or 3 of them to hold this year's layouts. I probably need to go grab one more if they still have them next time albums are on sale.